Tuesday, June 12, 2007

2nd Tooth, almost crawling



The pictures are of Maryam on the new bench I got for my first Mother's Day, and of Maryam with her daddy with the ducks at OSU. We often visit Jim for lunch at work, and have a picnic, and then go see the duckies at Mirror Lake.

The big news for the week is that Maryam's second bottom tooth is in, mostly. She is cranky cranky cranky, and starts to whine and whimper when you set her down. Needless to say, our carriers have come in handy as I'll just 'throw' her on my back and weed the garden, do housework, or walk the dog. She's content as long as she is 'on' someone, preferably daddy or mommy.

A friend has lent me a box of 18 month girl's clothes, and I was really hoping that they would fit Maryam. I tried in vain to put a pair of shorts on her, and they wouldn't even get past her thighs. Same thing with a skirt. Those pretty diaper covers that look so cute under dresses leave deep red valleys in her legs. And my favorite dress, (18 month), has a snap crotch. It pops open a few minutes after snapping it closed.

The good news is that she's almost crawling. I was at a friend's house yesterday, and she was so close to crawling! She'll sit on her bottom and tip over forward on to her knees as she tries to get something out of her reach. But then her arms will collapse and she'll be face down on the floor, very unhappy. She's not allowed to sit on the couch anymore, because she'll try to lurch off of it, face first. I'm trusting that when she crawls, her little legs will slim down and clothes will fit her better.

She's often compared to the Gerber Baby, or a Cabbage Patch Kid. I can definately see that. But there is strong disagreement over 'who' she looks like. At a party on Sunday, my friend swore that she looked like me. Then another friend came by and commented that she looked 'just like Jim'. I can see her brothers when I look at her eyes, and I can sometimes see Wayne in her smile. Her rolls are all her own, though :

No comments: